HH Tanzania's Co-ordinator, Betty Liduke , has released her organization's planning document for 2007-2008:
HIGHLANDS HOPE CONSORTIUM TANZANIA
HHC NURSE COUNSELOR PLAN 2007 - 2008
Highlands Hope Consortium is a network of private hospital and non government organization in southern Highlands of Tanzania working together to respond to the challenge of HIV pandemic in their area. HHC consists of dedicated team of health care professional, community educators and volunteers activities working with people living with HIV and AIDS in Njombe and Makete district.
Read more at www.highlandshope.com
Better quality service to society (people infected and affected with HIV and AIDS) in rural area.
Highlands hope consortium works in partnership with Njombe and Makete communities to achieve health which takes into consideration of physical, emotional, mental, spiritual, sexual and social well being.
Highlands Hope works to improve quality of life to people infected and affected with HIV and AIDS in Njombe and Makete.
The main aim of Highlands Hope Consortium is to organize Care and Treatment team of Njombe and Makete into corporate body.
1. Raising and maintaining the standard of education and practice to Nurse Counselor and other health professional (CTC TEAM) workers in the targeted area.
2. Cultivating friendliness, mutual respect, good will unity and understanding among care and treatment team and community in general.
3. Increasing awareness of and expand access to quality care and treatment and support services by people infected and affected by HIV and AIDS.
4. To provide sustainable care and support services for household with orphans and vulnerable children (OVC).
5. To provide evidence-based TB/HIV disease management through comprehensive treatment in targeted area
6. To reach 80% of the population with TB/HIV and AIDS treatment education and prevention
7. To provide continuum of care and support services to people infected and affected with HIV, Home care provider, and care givers
8. Co-operate with other institutions in side Tanzania and outside Tanzania
9. To encourage and persuading PLHA to use as much as possible the care and treatment services (CTC) available to the area
HIGHLANDS HOPE CONSORTIUM ORGANIZATION
The board of directors is comprises of four experience Nurse Counselor, health professionals to ensure excellent care and treatment performance.
H. H. CORDINATOR
CHAIR SECRETARY FINANCE
FUTURE PLAN OBJECTIVES
1.To raise and maintain the standard of education and practice to nurse counselor and other health professional works at Care and Treatment targeted by
(a) Training of members:-
· Upgrading of nurse counselors
· Holding of seminar, workshop, meeting and report writing for CTC and workers
(b)Information and communication technology
· Computer training which is already started
· Data management as this is a new field in our place
· Advocacy will include lobbing and networking
(b)Research and development
Research is a key for implementation and success of any activity. HHC will take this seriously and thus invest and develop new products, techniques and services in the HHC area
(d)Monitoring and evaluation
· Formative, process and effective evaluation research
2. Encourage and persuading PLHA to use as much as possible the care and treatment services available at the area by:-
Different clients need different kinds of public relations; HHC will cater for what clients need like-
· Managing events, group discussion, meetings, lectures etc
· HIV campaigns, drama and sports
3. Co-operate with other institution inside Tanzania and outside Tanzania including
· Media, schools, NGOs, and government institutions.
NAMES OF NURSES WHO ARE ATTENDING COMPUTER TRAINING
1. Potania Mfuse Ikonda CTC
2. Evangelista Kayombo Ikonda CTC
3. Sixbertha Manga Ikonda CTC
4. Maria Mahenge Ikonda CTC
5. Charles Mhagama Ikonda CTC
6. Evelina Madunda Ikonda CTC
7. Melina M.Chalamila Ikonda CTC
8. Bertha Sanga Ikonda CTC
9. Anahilda Mtega TANWAT CTC
10. Elekia Msigwa TANWAT CTC
THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED IN ALL ACTIVITIES OF HHC PHISICALLY AND IN MIND.