Highalnds Hope of Tanzania held a general membership meeting in Ikonda on Septemeber 1. A number of new members were able to attend, including colleagues from a newly-represented institution, St. Davids's Anglican VCT Centre in Njombe.
At the meeting, the nurses considered the care needs of HIV+ couples wanting to have children and welcomed four nursing students from Austria who were working with home-based care volunteers in Bulongwa. They also approved the organization's new logo.
The minutes of the Highlands Hope of Tanzania meeting follow:
HIGHLANDS HOPE TANZANIA
HH NURSE COUNSELOR MEETING MINUTES, 1ST SEPTEMBER 2007
1. Evangelista Kayombo---------Chairperson-------Ikonda, PMCTC counselor
2. Charles Mhagama -----------Treasurer ---------Ikonda, HBC counselor
3. Mary Musoma -------------- Secretary ---------PIUMA, Nurse counselor
4. Betty Liduke ---------------- Coordinator---------- TANWAT, VCT/CTC Counselor
5. Tabia Mwigune -- Member - St David Anglican VCT Njombe, counselor
6. Mary V. Eliasi - Member - St David Anglican VCT Njombe, HIV/AIDS coordinator
7. Maksensia Manga - Member - Ikonda, PMCTC counselor
8. Grace E. Mkindo - Member - St David Anglican VCT Njombe- counselor
9. Optatus A. Mwalongo - Ikonda, VCT Counselor
10. Sixbertha Manga - Ikonda, PMCTC Counselor
11. Onolina Mahenge - Ikonda, VCT Counselor
12. Rose Msigala - Member - HBC Counselor
13. Maurisia Msigwa - Member - Ikonda, VCT counselor
14. Reinhard Welser --- Guest - Austria, Nurse Student
15. Michi Schreiner -----Guest - Austria, Nurse Student
16. Sabine Winkler ----- Guest - Austria, Nurse Student
17. Wolfojing Rausch ---Guest - Austria, Nurse Student
1. Opening of the meeting
2. Reading past minutes
3. Opening of the Bank account
4. Report of the HHT money
5. Case Study
6. Welcoming of the new members and guests from Austria
7. Closing of the meeting
The chairperson opened the meeting at 10.00 am by welcoming all members and thanking them for coming to the meeting. She thanked also the members for the good cooperation, contribution and participation when guest from Canada came, she said is good to have a good and strong unity as this is the only way to build our network.
2. READING OF THE PAST MINUTES
The coordinator read the past minutes careful and participants agreed with the minutes
3. MATTER ARISE FROM THE MINUTES
Every center gave the report about the guest which visited HHT in August 2007 started with TANWAT followed by IKONDA Hospital and last PIUMA.
HHT Coordinator gave a brief on all the items brought by the guest (Laptop, Books and the check of 500usd) she said the money is banked in her account as HHT has no bank account.
About the HHT logo the Coordinator showed the sample of the logo which was made by Michael Wuu from Canada all the members of HHT agreed to use that logo other added that may be it will be good if the sunrise color to be at the back of the logo if possible if not the sample available is nice.
4. OPENING OF BANK ACCOUNT
After long discussion from all members the HHT agreed to open the account at NBC Njombe and the signatories will be the chairperson Evangelister Kayombo, the treasurer Charles Mhagama and the Coordinator Betty Liduke one from the signatories is allowed to take the money at the bank after all signatures are in the bank form and allowed by the meeting HHT.
5. REPORT OF THE MONEY
The report from treasurer
Treasurer reported the amount which was been contributed with HHT members and how much has been used as follows:-
IN COME TSHS OUT COME TSHS
Member contrib. 480,000.00 Preparation of food 134,300.00
& gifts for guests
TOTAL REMAINING FROM CONTRIBUTION 345,700.00 TSH in hand
Report from Coordinator
Coordinator reported all the amount she has in bank and those which is used as follows
IN COME USD USE FOR USD
Remaining from June 400 desk jet printer 150
Check from Canada 500 Hp ink no 29 colored 32
Hp ink no 28 black 30
Stamp preparation 5
A-4 plain paper for printer 5 1rim
Total in = 900 Total out = 222
TOTAL MAIN REMAINING UP TO NOW IS 678USD
After the reporting of the money the coordinator submitted all the receipt to the treasurer for documentation.
Members of HHT thanked to the coordinator for the all good work she has done and they requested her to take care of all HHT office item till they get a good room for the use of the office.
They thanked also the friends of HHT in Canada for all their effort and help to the HHT they said together let the Good LORD Bless them.
5. CASE PRESENTATION
The presentation was done by Mary Musoma the PIUMA nurse counselor
Presentation was about the couple which decided to get a baby while the man is HIV+ and the women is HIV-
HISTORY OF THE COUPLES
The couple has been tested for HIV since 2004 and the result of man revealed HIV+ and the women revealed HIV- . The man was been put in ARV since 2004 as the CD4 count was below 200 count. The women was been monitored by checking her HIV status frequently in 2005 the couple felt they need to have at list one child for their life and together they visited PMCTC for advice. From their own decision the women conceived and in 2006 January she got a normal delivery of a female living baby with 3.5kgs up to now the child is having 10.9kgs the women HIV status is still negative.
After long discussion between participants the coordinator explained to the counselors on the rights of the HIV clients and a bit on sex without getting the bruises. Counselors admitted that they still need more knowledge and information on HIV/AIDS
6. WELCOMING OF THE GUEST
The chairperson welcomed the coordinator to introduce the new guest member from St David Anglican VCT Njombe, the counselors got a chance to introduce themselves and they gave their view why they want to join HHT as they have been hearing this for long time and they felt is good to have a network with other counselor as they are new to this field. The names of the new comer are:-
1. Mary V. Elias - HIV/AIDS coordinator and counselor at St David Anglican VCT
2. Tabia Mwigune - Nurse Counselor at St Anglican VCT
3. Grace E. Mkingo - Nurse Counselor at ST Anglican VCT
Other members are
1. Optatus A. Mwalongo - from Ikonda Hosp VCT counselor
2. Rose Msigala - from Ikonda HBC counselor
The chairperson also thanked the Nurse student from Austria who came to visit the HHT and to attend the meeting she said they are welcome to join HH if they feel doing so.
7. CLOSING OF THE MEETING
The chairperson closed the meeting at 1:30pm by thanking all members for their participation and remanded those who are supposed to work on bank account opening to start processing it as soon as possible.
She announced the date of the next meeting which is 1st December 2007 at Ikonda Hospital
The agenda of the next meeting is:-
As the day will be AIDS day the participants suggested to have a topic of MANAGEMENT OF THE ORPHANS LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS
THANKS EVERY BODY
Mary Musoma, Secretary
Charles Mhagama, Treasurer